At Sheddon Physiotherapy and Sports Clinic, our policy is to see all new patients within 24-48 hours of the initial phone call. For some patients, appointments are available on the same day. This policy ensures that your needs are addressed immediately, so you can feel better, faster.
What to bring to your first visit at our clinic:
- Insurance information (if due to a car accident or workplace injury)
- Referral (if you have one)
- Pre filled out documents
How to prepare for your first visit:
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothes that are easy to move in.
- Running shoes (for foot and ankle problems)
- Arrive at your appointment 15 minutes early.
What to expect on your first visit:
- You will be greeted by our helpful receptionist who may verify some of your information.
- Next, you will be interviewed by your therapist to review your medical history and symptoms.
- What types of symptoms are you experiencing?
- What aggravates and eases these symptoms?
- How long have you been having these symptoms?
- How did your symptoms start
- Have you ever had physical therapy or other treatments before? If so, what was the result?
- You will next undergo a physical exam, where your therapist will look at your strength, mobility and flexibility to help determine the possible origins of your condition.
- Lastly, your therapist will assess your condition and explain how they will treat it. You will collaborate on goals that you will achieve during your course of therapy. We welcome questions at this point and our therapists are happy to provide you with details you may want to know.
- Treatment normally begins on the same day as your initial evaluation.
- If appropriate, a tailored home exercise program will be given. It is essential to your quick recovery to adhere to this program.
- The last step is to check out and schedule a follow-up appointment. All payments are due when services are rendered.
Download Patient Forms
To expedite the check-in process, please fill out the following forms and bring them to your initial appointment. Simply print the appropriate form for the type of appointment you will be coming in for (not all forms are required). To access the PDF-format forms, your computer will require the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader Software. Get the latest version here.