FMS was developed by to identify limitations and inefficient movement patterns. It is an analysis of movements that are required for normal function and healthy movements. The screen is adapted to a specific sport when it is warranted and combines coordination, mobility and stability. As the client is put through these movement patterns, asymmetries and limitations are easily identified.
Early identification of these issues can prevent future injuries. Once this is done, a spreadsheet is given to a team or an individual which can be used with trainers to prevent possible injuries that occur with training or competition.
The FMS can be applied at any fitness level and takes approximately 15 minutes to administer.
- Discover hidden weaknesses and asymmetries
- Prevent injury and promote durability
- Build balanced fitness
- Magnify fitness potential
- Creates a functional baseline to mark progress
- Provides a means to measure performance
- Exercise professionals monitor the FMS score to track progress and to identify those exercises that will be most effective to restore proper movement and build strength in each individual.
Who Uses Our Functional Movement Screen?
- Professional Hockey Teams – Phoenix Coyotes
- Tennis Players
- Weight Lifters
- NHL, OHL and Oakville Rangers Hockey Teams
- Swimming Clubs – Oakville Aquatics Clubs
- Football Teams
- High Performance Trainers