As an athlete, you need your body in good health if you want to perform at your best. If your body is misaligned, out of shape, or in pain due to a sports injury, a Sheddon chiropractor can help you get back to peak performance, ready to conquer whatever hurdles come your way.
Whether you are seeking chiropractic care to relieve pain, improve your general health and wellness, or help you reach the highest level of your sports performance, your Sheddon chiropractor can help you meet your goals and get better quickly.
What is Chiropractic for Sports, and How Can it Help?
Chiropractic focuses on treating injuries to the musculoskeletal system, including injuries to the spine, joints, and muscles. Our chiropractor will customize your care plan to ensure you are receiving the best treatment possible.
Conditions that can Benefit from Chiropractic Care:
Sports-related musculoskeletal injuries that can benefit from chiropractic care include:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Rotator cuff dysfunction and injuries
- Movement-related joint pain due to dislocations
- Injuries to tendons and ligaments (sprains and strains)
- Back and neck pain, headaches, and whiplash
The Benefits of Chiropractic Treatment for Sports Injuries:
In addition to natural, faster healing and pain relief, you can achieve the following benefits with the help of our expert chiropractor:
- The misalignment of your musculoskeletal system can trigger imbalance and dysfunction in your muscles, tendons, joints, and ligaments. With specialized chiropractic care, which focuses on increasing blood flow to injured tissues and the gradual correction of structural abnormalities, normal alignment can be restored to your musculoskeletal system. This not only helps with injury healing but also significantly decreases the risk of future injury.
- If your spine and peripheral joints are misaligned, your body begins to compensate for the changes by altering your movement. By working on these problems, we can help you restore muscular and structural balance, which improves your overall mobility and range of motion.
- Our chiropractor will help relieve pressure and tension in your body, which allows for improved coordination and movement control. By relieving the pressure on your spinal discs and nerves, your muscles, ligaments, tendons, joints, and nerves are able to communicate with each other better, improving your coordination and overall performance.
- A chiropractor cCan also help relieve tension for those individuals who feel their body is stiff and tight.
- It Ccan have a beneficial impact on yourÂ posture to help minimize the risk of long-term repetitive strain injuries.
Chiropractic care is SO MUCH MORE THAN THE SPINE
Even though chiropractors are often described as experts of spinal treatment, chiropractic care actually involves a lot more than just the spine. Here is what you can expect from a well-trained Chiropractor:
- A Full assessment with a thorough history and physical examination to determine the cause of the pain in order to get the patient feeling better, and prevent future injury.
- Treatment of the body as a whole, including all joints, soft tissue, and the nervous system.
- Chiropractic treatment includes soft tissue therapy, joint mobilizations, functional exercises prescription, and adjustments (if the patient is comfortable).
- A gait analysis to detect abnormalities in locomotion and help with sports performance
- Education to help the patient better understand what is causing their pain and allow them to get better faster and stay pain- free
- Instead of just spine treatment, chiropractors can treat injuries to the following areas:
- Mid/Low back
Sheddon Physiotherapy and Sports Clinic is a multidisciplinary healthcare team. This allows you to benefit from customized rehabilitation based on your specific needs. Our chiropractor will work with other experts in your health team to get you back to peak sports performance as quickly as possible, while using all tools necessary for a fast and effective outcome.
From sports medicine and injury rehabilitation to active-release therapy and orthotics, we can help you improve your quality of life and decrease your pain.
Contact us today for a chiropractic consultation , or take a look at our core services to see how we can help you.