www.SheddonPhysio.com , a physio sports clinic for Oakville and Mississauga, Ontario
Progressive Achilles Rehab:
– Start with some isometric holds in a slightly lengthened position
– Progress onto isometric holds in a lengthened position but with a focus on one leg at a time
– Next concentric heel raises still in a slightly lengthened position, one leg at a time and lowering yourself down with the support of your opposite foot
– Finally add in some running backwards and stopping in that same lengthened position in good control. This adds an abrupt stoppage.
– Remember to progress the last exercise from stop to a change of direction.