Understanding your protocols (what can and cannot be done after surgery) is key along with the expert knowledge of tissue healing and proper loading.
Whatever your surgery you are facing, we communicate with your surgeon and obtain any nuances related to your surgery. With this and our expert care, we will put you on the path to the best possible rehabilitation outcome.
We will advise you on how to manage at home with your cast or crutches (or offer alternatives) and help you with pain control. Lastly, we will help answer any questions that may not been fully addressed by the surgeon.
If available, we will loan cryotherapy units for a nominal charge peri-operatively.
Here are just a few specific examples of surgeries that we work with regularly:
- Fractures post immobilization
- Total knee and Total knee replacements
- Total Shoulder replacement
- Labral repairs of the shoulder and the hip
- Arthroscopes of the knee for meniscus repair
- Rotator Cuff repairs (large and small)
- Low back surgery for Disc herniation or fusion of spine
- Achilles rupture/repair
- Foot and ankle reconstruction
Our therapists have years of experience working with Surgeons in Southwest Ontario and even have been the referral source for Surgeons in Toronto, Maritimes and Colorado.